Tuesday, September 05, 2006

We will definitely miss the Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin


I help my children decide what TV programmes to watch. Other than Sesame Street, Thomas the Tank Engine, Blue's Clues, Barney and Wheels on the Bus, and some other value-added shows, I do encourage my children to watch Crocodile Hunter, reason being there's lots to learn about animals in his programme - from the origin of the animal to its characteristics and the most interesting of all, viewers get to have a close-up view of the animals.

I'm of course saddened by the news of his passing. The 44-year-old media personality and environmentalist died yesterday when a stingray barb punctured his heart while he was filming a nature documentary off the coast of Port Douglas in north Queensland.


I admire his innate courage. I admire his passion to discover, to find out what most of us take for granted. His zeal will remain etched in mind and will continue to inspire and motivate me to do what I strongly believe in. He has shown that nothing is impossible except of course, with divine intervention.

5 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger melayudilondon said...

The news took me aback too! First thing I thought of are his wife and children who are still small. He is quite a character and with such an untimely demise, he would be an icon! The real Crocodile Dundee.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Nani said...

He reminds me of Princess Diana. Though with less controversy, both died in a kind of freak accident and at a very young age. Yes, his demise is definitely untimely and with his larger-than-life character, he would probably be an icon.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

somehow i got the feeling that the video which captured the mishap is going to make it all over the www. we'd probably get to see how Dundee died.

it's so sad he's passed on.

i think he already is an icon.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Nani said...

It's been reported that the video which captured the tragedy would probably not see the light of day as they are going to be destroyed after the police's investigation.I guess it's gonna be too gruesome. But I don't know if it'd still be obtained before it's destroyed.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

precisely .. that's what i'm saying. these things have an uncanny way of getting to the public.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home