Monday, August 21, 2006

One moment in time - How I love this song!

Whitney Houston simply gives me goosebumps singing this song. Great lyrics. Great composition.

When I first heard this song over the radio many years ago, I was madly searching around for the title and the lyrics. It was a case of love at first listen. I even made a music video of this song with my students, for the students of EVSS, and had it shown during a school event. The students simply loved it too. To say that the song is powerful is an understatement.

It is incredibly moving, tremendously inspirational, invoking that `I can do it' emotions and attitude. What more can you ask from a song... Enjoy this version which had been viewed by more than 32000 netizens.



One Moment in Time

Each day I live
I want to be
A day to give
The best of me
I'm only one
But not alone
My finest day
Is yet unknown

I broke my heart
Fought every gain
To taste the sweet
I face the pain
I rise and fall
Yet through it all
This much remains

I want one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity

I've lived to be
The very best
I want it all
No time for less
I've laid the plans
Now lay the chance
Here in my hands

Give me one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity

You're a winner for a lifetime
If you seize that one moment in time
Make it shine

Give me one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will be
I will be
I will be free
I will be
I will be free

8 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

this song is the english version of 'istana menanti' to me. or rather, the other way around since this song came first. hehe

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

oh and another song which is the equivalent to this song is 'fame' by irene cara.

great motivational songs! :)

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Nani said...

I remember, you used to sing Whitney's songs, including `I wanna dance with somebody'. I didn't pay much attention to her back in sec school. It was only much later that I realised how powerful her voice is. In the net, pp argue on who has the best voice - Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Beyonce or Christina.. What do you think...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

i used to think she has the most powerful voice until mariah came along. she's still good though and the most mature sounding. has to do with her song choices.

mariah still is the most perfectly pitched - hands down! i'm glad she overcame her odds and is back as my number one diva!

beyonce is only almost perfect-pitched. if you had paid attention to her performances (there were 5, i think!) during the oscars, you'll know what i mean. she has an edge though because she has such a wonderful personality.

celine is something else. i don't quite fancy her sound so i'm not commenting. she does belt out some lovely tunes that i will sing to though(guess which?!). lol. *admits unabashedly*

christina tends to overdo the voice stylisation thing a wee bit. it's great that she's unafraid to do her own stuff but ranting on and on about 'stand up for yourself' bit can get a little cheesy. think she's still trying to stand out from the pool of pop princesses.

now kids, if you are a strong supporter of any of the above, don't come after me. in the end, we all have different tastes and that's why there are so many of these wonderful singers for us to choose from. it's just my 2cents! :p

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Nani said...

I have always liked Whitney and Mariah but I don't know if she (the latter)overdoes her vocal gymnastics sometimes. Nevertheless, she always impresses.

As for Beyonce, I don't know much abt her songs other than those with Destiny's Child. I haven't heard her sing songs which really require vocal prowess so it's hard to comment(Does the grp still exist?)

Let me guess. It must be the `Titanic' theme song that you sing. I love that song too.

As for Christina, I saw her sing Climb every mountain, great singing ability but a little over in terms of `waving' her voice...like you said.

Btw, you really know a lot abt them ah...

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

i don't know much about them lah. those that i commented are the only things i know, can? lol.

yes, DC still exists.

titanic, correct! that tune to another film's soundtrack is also one of them(guess again). they used to air them ad nauseam, i could vomit blood listening. haha.

nowadays can sing again lah, once in awhile. hehe

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Nani said...

Steady ah... sing in the toilet or sing for Edwan... another soundtrack? Apa eh?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

hahah .. as i am reading your comment, 'My Heart Will Go On' in going on @Class 95. hahahaha

the other song is from Up Close and Personal - Because You Love Me.

eh? who mentioned anything about singing in the shower? :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home