Monday, June 26, 2006

His presence makes a difference


For the past two nights, MDH (My Dear Husband - note new ref ehem...)had an NPCC camp at Ubin. I felt that the house was just different and I was especially moody. I think I was rather unfair to the kids. Should have spent more time with them rather than just be with them. That was partly because MDH was not around to hear my grouses etc.

I didn't cook except for rice when he was away. I just heated kheema that MIL gave two days earlier and ate with the kids. The fishes that I attempted to thaw went in and out of the freezer a few times. Little motivation.

But things took a turn when he was coming home this morning. Suddenly I had drive to be a little more useful. I cooked Fish Curry and Spinach with soup. The Fish Curry was a bit watery but never mind, more importantly, it's edible. Got the kids to help clean up the house a bit. When I announced to the elder one that Abah's coming home, he immediately opened the door, though, MDH was perhaps, still at the jetty. He clearly missed his dad very much.

When he was finally home, he kissed and hugged everybody. You know what... actually that was the first time he was away for three whole days and two nights. His camps used to be in school and he would come home to pick up things or say hello or whatever. We never really part for that long before.

He then put aside his things, smelling something not right from the elder son's nappies, cleaned and changed him. He got ready to send the elder one to his Enrichment Class.

He didn't show signs that he was tired even though he was the OC of the camp, except almost dozing off while waiting for the elder son to finish his class.

I missed him and now that he's back, I seem to have a little more drive to start again. I should be a little more self-driven but you see there's always a gap between what you are and what you should be. I'm trying and I should be. Insya Allah.

6 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger melayudilondon said...

Alah darling.... Man is away as well. Mula2 I steady je (too buysy) but now that I read your posting, mcm rindu pulak. sob sob! Alia is missing her dad very much. malam sek nangis cari abah dia.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Nani said...

Budak2 won't hide their feelings. When Azman was away, Abdullah would insist on calling his abah every mealtime just to say he missed him. And of course when I ticked him off for excessive jumping around, he cried and wanted to mengadu to the father. Thereafter, sikit2 nak mengadu. Gitulah budak2.

Kalau rindu, ambil baju dia, buat tidur...heh heh...but don't take baju belum cuci pulak...

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

eh? i thought baju belum cuci yang will do the trick? hehe.

sorry lambat comment.

by the way, i can *so* relate to this. i have had him away a few times before. i was always cranky on all of those times. anak anak jadi mangsa tak yah cakap ah.

but on his most recent getaway, i had psyched myself to be steady. heh. he was so excited and all of his preparations before he left sort of got rubbed off on me too. although i wasn't too happy about him leaving, i was given ample time to mentally prepare. therefore, i thought i managed rather well with the kids. times when the kids were in bed though, that was a different story. missed him many many lah.

paling tunjuk perasaan was zidny lah siapa lagi. siap telefon papa dia, marah marah lepas tu sendiri nangis. notice he got angry first - my style, i know. lepas tu nangis because he actually missed the dad and mostly felt guilty for scolding him. heh.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

just noticed this. is that a mole on azman's cheek?

so now i know where muhammad abdullah got his! :p

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Nani said...

The funny thing is when MDH is around, I'm not the sort who would berkepit dgn dia every minute or really cherish his presence. I mean we have our moments togetherlah. But I guess, it's the absence that really makes you feel that you need that person.

Betullah..kalau dah penat sangat, budak2 pulak yang jadi mangsa. Kesian dia orang.

Oh yes. Si Azman sure has many moles... all over him, including his face.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

hahah.. kalau berkepit 24jam kat dalam rumah dah lain pulak jadinya. siapa nak buat kerja rumah tu? hahhhah

ya lah. gitulah lumrah. kalau orang dah tak ada baru kita appreciate his being.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home