Thursday, February 02, 2006

One Saturday afternoon in 1991



15 years ago, while most teenagers spent their Saturday afternoons lazing around at home or hanging out at Orchard Road, some of us like my buddies in the photo, chose to go to Ustaz Saripi's classes. On some occasions, when lecturers like Moulana Imran Hossein came over to Singapore, we would even go from mosque to mosque to catch his lectures. Such was the enthusiasm we had during that time.

I hope and pray that Allah accepts our quest for knowledge as an act of ibadah. And in this new year, I hope I will continue seeking religious knowledge even though sometimes it is just so very hard, what with having children and many other commitments. And just be a better Muslim.

7 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

insyaAllah. setiap do'a yang baik Allah akan makbulkan. : )

thanks, ah! i think i look very selenger in this photo.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger melayudilondon said...

Amin!
I think I look more blur than you lah, Ayu. i cannot remember where that baju kurung now. hahaha

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Nani said...

Nolah. You look like an ustazah I would employ to teach my children Arabic.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Nani said...

Shikin, you are very well-coordinated.. also can pass off as an ustazah heh

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

i don't have my baju kurung oreidi. dah koyak rabak you know. always wear these and a few others only. paling terok bila pergi pergas. every other weekend baju yang itu, itu juga! haha

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

eh nani, your time stamp is still one hour ahead!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

UPDATE, Nani, UpDATE!!!

very basi already you know your last entry! heheheh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home