Friday, May 06, 2005

Durian Puff and Chocolate Eclairs

I've never imagined this ever before...but it happened! Just now I went for a Pastry Class and guess what? I made my very own Chocolate Eclairs, Durian Puff and two little not-so-distorted-but-edible swans! I told myself, I must learn to cook/bake what I love to eat so that's why I enrolled myself in this class.

My baking teacher is that famous lady who supplied lovely cakes for Selamat Pagi Singapura and who is the constant contributor in Warna's and Asmah Laili's recipe books. She looks good in person just as she does on TV and in photos.

My hubz is of course so excited about me being able to do such things...knowing that I'm not very good in the kitchen.

I have another 4 lessons to go. I hope I'll be able to practise what I've learnt before the next lesson. Once I'm confident of doing on my own, I hope to let my family and friends try the fruits of my labour :)

4 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

*raises hands* i'll be the first to try can? : )

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Nani said...

I'll be honoured to have anyone try them! I'll probably do it next week or the week after...before I forget the techniques...like even holding the piping bag at the right angle to get the right effect needs practice.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

wOoHoo! now *this* is a real incentive to swing by your place la, nani! haha.

just call me when you're done and i'll be there sooner than you can say 'puff'! hehe.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger yuRa said...

m still waiting for an invitation from you regarding the subject matter. hehe. *tak malu*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home