Saturday, March 19, 2005

My first blog as a stay-home mum

Now that I have 2 children- one boy and a girl, I feel more pressed to do well as a mum. I want them to turn out well and therefore I resigned last year after contemplating and deliberating hard. Their beginning years are so precious I won't be able to reverse this period.

I shouldn't say I feel pressured because I don't want to be and nobody is pressurising me. I don't think I will even allow society to do so. I will just do my best. But I know I can't really perform well if I have to manage career and beginning motherhood at the same time. Maybe when my children are older, I may go back to work. However, as a teacher the demands are just so great that I must explore flexible working hours. If not the long hours as a full time teacher will rob my spending time with my children and of course my husband.

I'm quite excited about the prospect of getting feedback from fellow mums. I wonder how they are doing. Not that I want to compare. The best rulers or yardsticks to meaure our progress are none other than ourselves. But once in a while it is good to know how others are doing to keep in line and to know that we are not far from doing what is beneficial for our children. Otherwise we may be wasting precious time doing what is not useful.

I also think that blogging in this manner allow me to ventilate because realistically not everyone I know has the time all the time to listen to my woes and aspirations as a mum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home