Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Family activities

When the family spends time together, it really excites me. Last Sunday, my family, together with my sisters' families and mum went for a family picnic at West Coast Park. How the place has changed! The last time I went there, not many trees to provide shade and of course no restaurants whatsoever; just a public toilet and a shop selling titbits and kites. Now, there's McDonald's - quite a big one and McCafe.

My boy really loves the great outdoors. He was running about the moment he stepped out of the car, he didn't even bother to take breakfast. He jogged with my sister and her husband, cycled around with assistance, ran about in the open field getting excited over kite-flying, went from one playground to another - he just didn't want to stop. When asked if he wanted to go home - he said No. It's heartwarming to see him happy. During weekdays, I don't bring the kids out because I figure it's going to be quite tough running around taking care of him with a baby in my arms. When the little one is slightly older, I'll most likely take him out more often on my own.

Just now, my husband and I brought our children for a religious class. We haven't gone for such classes for quite some time. Really glad that we finally managed to go. Good to expose the children to such stuff on a regular basis. The world is just moving too fast and there's just too much vices going on around us. We just need to stay grounded and know why we are here for. The children need to know that their existence is for a purpose.

5 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

hey woman! loving yr SAHM status huh? :) so do you now agree with me that changing diapers is a wonderful experience? lol!

you know, reading yr few entries gave me a newfound realisation on how much i am missing out on the children's development. granted, i am home most of the time due to the shift pattern of my work, it is still not the same as being there all the time for them and literally watching them grow in front of my eyes. i am so jealous!

like dat, must quit my job already leh!

it's also made me realise that i haven't been around for you much to listen to your "woes and aspirations as a mum". :p

congratulations on yr blog. you'll definitely be seeing me around here a lot.

love, me

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

oi! change yr blog timezone ok? mcm aku tinggal kat mana gitu! haha

love,
still me :p

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Nani said...

I'm definitely loving my present status but I really think that you can be a great mother even as a career woman.

Frankly, sometimes I procrastinate and at times I feel that I'm not using time fruitfully for the children but the reality is like that. I get tired, sometimes I need time for myself so not all the time is spent with the children though I'm physically at home.

Brace up... you have gd and reliable childcare givers and yr children are rather independent.I think you are doing fine.

Great that you are going to `listen to my woes and aspirations'.You need not comment all the time if you don't feel like. It's just nice to have audience.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

i think it's just human nature. if i feel that i have all the time in the world, i will tend to do things leisurely.

career? more of a *job* actually.

thanks for the motivation.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger yuRa said...

we were late because edwan had to catch some sleep lah. really! ; )

we missed you but we saw yr mum at evon's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home