Friday, April 27, 2007

I've been tagged - Songs significant to me at 18

Blast from the Past!

Rules as follows:

1)Go to Pop Culture Madness site.
2)Pick the year you turned 18 years old.
3)Get yourself nostalgic over the songs that year.
4)Write something about how those songs affected you.

1)It must have been love - Roxette



In 1990, when I was 18, I felt very alone in JC. Most of my friends were in other institutions. I was also finding myself. I was searching for my identity. I wanted to know if I was really who I was. So, I did a lot of adjustments with the people I was hanging out with, the people I was talking to, the people I was seeing, the activities I did, in a very radical manner. No - of course I didn't orchestrate a massacre. I was still sane. I just attempted to make personal changes to my life overnight.

So, this song, describes quite closely what I was feeling at that point. It was a stressful and tearful period of my life but I have since moved on.

2)No More Rhyme - Debbie Gibson



Here's another song that I listened to quite frequently at that time. I guess, I was really an emotional-think-too-much wreck then and very much a minor.

4 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger melayudilondon said...

Heheheehe.....

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Nani said...

Oh..thank you for tagging me...I enjoy being tagged hah hah

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger .S.K. said...

Salam,

I LISTENED to those songs, too!!!
Woohoo!
Eventhough, I didn't really understand what love really is... as if I know now :p
LOL.
I wouldn't be able to choose two songs...
Wow.
lol.

wassalam.
the:Dreamer ;D

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Nani said...

Oh yes...I am suppose to tag others...So I am tagging you...Ms Shahrezaad...:)

Salam...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home