Tuesday, November 02, 2010

At a crossroad

When my father was diagnosed with stroke in June, my whole family's life was shattered. Well, almost. We figure that we need to make adjustments to accomodate to his condition. He has been staying with my little sister eversince he was discharged from the hospital and now he is staying with my elder sister - for a change and also to lighten my younger sister's load who is now about 5+ months pregnant. We have employed a maid to help my mum to care for my father. My sisters and I are forking out an equal sum of money to pay for the maid's salary and levy.

I have been giving my mum a monthly token eversince I worked and even after I stopped working, I continued to do so. Now with the additional expenditure, I've been using my savings to pay for the extra financial obligations. It has not been easy. My husband has been paying for the family and kids' needs comfortably but now we've been feeling the pinch.

I was offered to do a freelance job at a Social Service agency to write reports. I haven't receive a single cent because the client hasn't paid. This is something I have to review and reconsider for future assignments. When you work on contract basis, your salary is dependent on the completed assignment and in this case dependent too on whether the client has paid. In this case, the client has some sticky issues to settle before the assignment is considered completed. Just my luck to get such a case. I hope the future cases will not be of that sort.

I'm also reviewing my job options. At the rate at which the report-writing process is going, I am considering if there is a need to do something else. FAJT is one promising option but that means that I have much lesser time for my kids. My second child is starting primary school next year and I know how she would do better with my support, Insya Allah. A consistent everyday monitoring of her work is necessary for her to do well. And I still have the other two children to monitor too.

Oh, God, make my stride easier. Guide me to make decisions which will bring success and happiness to my family in this world and the hereafter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home