Sunday, December 17, 2006

Birthday get-together

Mum smsed hubs when we were in M'sia to celebrate Amalia's and my birthday on the 16th of December. Mum's leaving for Haj next week so we had to do Amalia's as well.

My sisters bought girl toys for Khadijah. (I like to address my girl as either Amalia or Khadijah...both are her names anyway)Of course she was thoroughly happy about the whole thing. You just know it. Her eyes just lit up the moment she was told that the presents were hers. Khadijah has this shy smile when she happens to get the attention. Quite strange but that definitely defines her.

My sisters and mum got me a two-piece dress. They thought I've been so boring with my dress sense after being a homemaker for a while, hence the present to so-called perk up my image...hah hah.

Actually, for me, it does not really matter what I get for my birthday. Seriously. As long as my family remembers my birthday, I'm more than happy. The nice thing is the get-together of family members, the no-holds-barred interactions and the spontaniety of everybody. No inhibitions. No reservations. Even my bros-in-law kind of integrate quite well with us that they are not so bothered about who we really are. You know, we just laugh or talk about what we think about current issues like Aa Gym's second marriage, celebrity divorces, Rufaqa etc without being so concerned about what others think. We were just being ourselves. That's nice.


I love cupcakes!

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee! wonder why it's strange that "Khadijah has this shy smile when she happens to get the attention".

i'm thinking because the mother is the epitome of "tak tau malu"?? wakakakak

happy birthday again to you, darling. and to amalia khadijah too! :)

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Nani said...

Kecik2 malu2
Dah besar malu kucing...macam mak dia...

Thank you very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home